The idea for this episode was to talk about our respective obsessions over our tech gadgets, but somehow we also got into brain folds and dopamine squirts and Members Only jackets. In the grand perspective, I assure you, it all makes sense.
Dedicated to Jony Ive in his Infinite White Heaven, Episode 3 of the iMortal Show stars Gia Mora and Chris Sawyer.
Your browser does not support the audio element.
The iMortal Show, Episode 3: “Tender Feelings for My iPad”
Originally recorded September 25, 2014.
Produced and hosted by Paul Fidalgo.
Theme music by Smooth McGroove, used with permission.
Running time: 55 minutes.
Links from the show:
- Gia’s big new project, Scirens, plus her show Einstein’s Girl, and on Twitter.
- Chris on Twitter: @videosawyer.
- MacBreak Weekly episode 421 (Andy Ihnatko on consumerism at Apple launches is at about 38 minutes in.)
- Apple’s “Misunderstood” ad and my response to it.
- Also, my piece on the “connectedness” trope.
- Motherboard: “Media Multitasking Is Associated With Lower Brain Density”